Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homemade Chipotle Bowls!

I will admit it...I am a Chipotle-aholic.  So I found a copycat recipe on pinterest and went to town!


Chipotle Burrito Bowl
adapted from Iowa Girl Eats


What you need


Rice
  • 1/2 cup brown rice (I used Jasmine and it worked great!)
  • Small pat of butter
  • Salt
  • Juice of 1/2 of lime
  • Chopped cilantro 


Beans

In a microwave safe bowl, heat up 1 can drained and rinsed pinto or black beans with:
  • Splash of chicken broth
  • Dashes of chili powder, cumin, oregano & cayenne pepper


Chicken

Cook two chicken breasts in a skillet seasoned with:
  • Chili Powder
  • Garlic Salt
  • Onion Powder
  • Cumin
  • Oregano
I found it was easier to chop it up first for quicker and even cooking.



Pico de Gallo

I had made Fresh Tomato Salsa the day before from allrecipes.com so I just added a can of whole kernel corn to that and it was great! Here is how Iowa did hers!


  • 1 tomato (plus some cherry tomatoes I had on hand)
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/4 small red onion
  • Sprinkle of chopped cilantro
  • S&P
  • Juice of 1/2 lime


I had some left over guac and sour cream that I added on the side as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment