Friday, August 5, 2011

First stab at stir-frying...not to shabby!

Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry

adapted from Chicken Noodle Stir-fry from allrecipes.com


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ingredients

  • 1 (3 ounce) package chicken flavored ramen noodles (I used two)
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup cauliflowerets
  • 1 cup sliced celery (I omitted...none in the house)
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage (I omitted...cabbage isn't my thing!)
  • 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh or canned bean sprouts (sadly omitted because Target didn't have any :(  I love sprouts!)
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce (I used teriyaki)
  • 2 eggs-scrambled (I added this in myself)
  • 1 clove minced garlic (Another Ellie addition)

Directions

  1. Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  2. Drain noodles; add to the pan with contents of seasoning packet (I only used the seasoning from one package of ramen to cut down on the sodium) and the teriyaki sauce (I also added the scrambled eggs here so not to burn them with the other veggies). Stir well. Serve immediately.

It went over well with FI!  He is a big stir fry fan, which is why I bought the pan to begin with (I've never really been a fan).  I surprisingly really liked it as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment